Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Newcomer! Hello to All of you!

My interests: Shakespearen tragedies, esp Hamlet and JuliusCaesar,-- just beginning to study the Stoic writings (Amazon.com, 2 volumes, each 6 parts) & would appreciate anyone interested in sharing thoughts as we read together - Shirley Jackson- Stephen King --world religion & mythology --strictly amateur writing, especially historical fiction -- reading &reading &reading  :^)  I LOVE -30's-50's B&W movies: the classics (Bogart, Cotton, Bacall, Welles - basic noir) and best of all, the wonderful sci-fi & monster movies. I mostly like the rather over-the-top sci-fi with strange Japanese monsters or US giant irradiated insects, for fun, but I don't miss a chance to scare myself silly catching The Haunting of Hill House or The Night of the Hunter. Lost track of a friend who competed with me for Worst Sci-Fi Movie Ever. He has gone on to music blogging, but I'd like to challenge anyone to top The Godmonster of Piedmont Flats.

2 comments:

  1. You did it! Hurrah! Welcome to the wonderful, busy world of blogging :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelda! I just found your blog through Hamlette. Welcome to the blogosphere! It will be fun to have another Classics Club participant to track. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete